14.3.06

the folkie and the zoo...

The weekend (Port Fairy Folk Festival) was awesome! With my press pass I got to hang out back stage, and take all the photos I wanted. I got some great shots from back stage, and some awesome ones of Bomba. The Bomba gig was amazing. I got there just on their last song and Nicky Bomba just happened to allow six of the Sweethearts (a motown girl group formed by students from the high school I went to) on stage to dance with him and the group. I got some ok pics of that, but afterwards, once everyone was backstage, I got a group shot with about half the Sweethearts and Nicky Bomba. I plan to put the good shots on my website once I have updated it, and reorganised the photographs. Hopefully that will be done soon-ish, but I still don't have a design...

The next cool thing I am doing is going to the Melbourne Zoo on a uni assignment. On Thursday I am spending the entire day hanging out with the animals and taking a portrait of one of them. I've been trying to decide which animal to photograph. I was thinking maybe a hippopotamus, or a seal, or maybe a gorilla. I also have to incorporate their inclosure and show their features, ie. I have to show the animal truthfully, not the animal hiding, etc. It should be interesting. I think, if it works, I might include a couple of pics on my website. It needs some serious updating! And fingers crossed it doesn't rain on Thursday!!

No comments: