5.3.06

second weeks a charm...

It is Sunday night before my second week oh uni. I now have all my textbooks, all the course descriptions and my stationary is organised - hopefully I will enjoy this week better than last week. I think I was just a bit freaked out by the new-ness of everything. New house. New school. New friends. New challenges. This week should be a little more settled, I hope. Although I do have my first Maths test tomorrow, and my first photography assignment on Thursday. We are going to the zoo to photograph the animals. I have to decide whether to catch the train or the tram to the zoo. I think the train will be the easiest, but I have to make sure I don't miss it! Well, I suppose that is a given for all public transport, so that shouldn't be a top concern. Actually my top worry currently is the other assignment I have been given. It is freaking me out but I am not 100% sure why. I think it is because I have never actually been told what to take a photograph of. I have directed people (friends, though, never strangers) so hopefully that isn't too hard. But I to plan the shoot, and that is something I have never done. In the past if I want to photograph a friend I just get them to hang out with me, muck around and snap a few shots. I have never been made to fix the lighting, meter the lighting correctly, use a stand-in model to get the shot correct, and have my subject fill only 1/3 of my photo - those sorts of guidelines I am scared of. But if I try I hope I will achieve something decent... It is a black and white shoot, so that's fun - it at least means that I don't have to worry too much about any colour casts.

And I have next weekend to look forward to. It is a long weekend and the Port Fairy Folk Festival! It is their 30th Festival which is exciting! And there are heaps of great acts. And I have media accreditation!! I can go back stage, and take photos!! Should be fun! It took a bit of convincing seeing I am attempting to get in with a guy (my stepdad) who has a radio program, but in the end I got it! I am really excited about that! I think I will just focus on next weekend when I start getting nervous or worried, and then I can stay positive. I think that should work. That or I will treat myself to chocolate - either way...

No comments: