31.7.05

weekends and confessions...

Well, not really confessions, but it sounds impressive..

I went to my dad's this weekend. And I am angry with him. I could handle it when he said he wasn't going to be at my 18th, he hasn't really been at any of my birthday parties since I was six and our family was actually still together. But last night he told me he wouldn't be at my graduation. Sure it doesn't seem like much, but my pissed off-edness has been boiling and this has just pushed me too far. Sure, I might seem like a melodramatic young girl, but it means something to me, so I think I have the right to vent - vent, vent, vent. Grr.. I don't really feel like having another bitch session about my father here, let's just say I am actually angry, rather than pissed off, and leave it at that.

That's all I wanted to write, nothing else to say. I should be doing homework instead of writing, so I should go do homework - hopefully it will get my mind off my anger..

2 comments:

Peter said...

Quote: "Every new beginning comes from some other new beginning's end."

Thus, at some point in the future, your father will understand his mistakes. When that happens...all you need to do is forgive him with love. Instead of pushing your wants and desires...the next time you're with him...just act natural and just try talking. As men get older...it becomes harder for them to listen. Perhaps if you spent some time listening instead of talking...your father will respond.
There is a certain power in silence!

Stay Gold!

Jem said...

Thankyou. I never really thought about it that way. I know his silence has power, so maybe my listening will!