20.12.05

christmas and dreams...

Yes, I am really moving! Mum is calling the accommodation place today (supposedly) and booking a place for me. I will be living across the road from Melb Uni and up the street from RMIT - sounds pretty damn good to me! I am getting a fridge, and my computer will be coming with me. I have even promised Sarah my room (because it is bigger than hers and it will have my double bed left in it). I will have to take down all my pictures on my walls and empty all my cupboards... Take the books from my bookshelf and the photos from walls... I have to pack my clothes, and take my doona. I have to move myself! It is an odd thought really. I will be leaving my home. Yes, I will be leaving home. My room will no longer be my room. I won't have my mum around - or my sister. And I seriously have way too much stuff to fit in the place I am moving to. It is a 10sqm room. My room at home is a fair bit bigger... It is almost exhilirating think that I will be gone from this room - it won't be mine any longer... I have been in this room for five years, and it has been nearly the same furniture arrangement for about two or three years. Actually, it is funny because I tend to move the first year of things. I moved into this house the first year of high school, and I will move into my own little room the first year of uni. Hmmm...

So as well as worrying (or being excited...) about Christmas and presents and such, I get to start sorting through my life before I move out! Out of home! And all but two Christmas presents have been bought, and all the the ones I do have are wrapped, so there isn't that much to worry about. So, soon enough, I will have to change my address I suppose, sort out an internet and phone connection in my room, organise plates and cutlery, buy my own laundry detergent-stuff and get my bum out of Geelong... Here I go!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow. Now I'm realising that you're ACTUALLY MOVING! WOAH! Hooray!