28.3.07

sick ick ick

I have a cold. I haven't had one in ages and it is making me grumpy. Mostly because it's not a full blown cold, I just feel crummy and have a cough. Blegh...

But I have updated my resume and got my cover letter together, so tomorrow I am going to try and get myself another job! I am actually kind of excited about it. My first stop is a place a used to work at who, or so I hear, is looking for an extra staff member (particularly as school holidays are coming up). So, fingers crossed, I will be scooping ice-cream once more! Well, not until my cold is mostly gone, but I am down to just the cough, so it is on it's way out!

And I have a couple of extra shifts coming up at the book store. I love working there! I am getting trained up to do the stock receiving, which I am loving, and that means that the lady who normally does the receiving can go on holidays and I can cover for her - which would be great! The other day I had to bring in 474 copies of Mr Men and Little Miss books (6 copies of each title) - that was a nightmare. At first count I was missing 12 books, then when I checked the titles I was only missing one title, which meant I was only missing 6 books. I counted an extra two times, but I didn't know what to do if I was missing books, so I left them to be checked by the lady who normally does the receiving. Lo-and-behold there were in fact 6 books missing - I hadn't gone nuts! But I really like bringing the stock in - I get to use the pricing gun which is fun! Basically I just enjoy working there.

I still haven't found myself a project to fill my time with, but hopefully another job will help - and I can always catch up on all the good books that have been released that I haven't read.

In fact I just finished one this afternoon. It called on the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. It's about a girl named Taylor who doesn't really know her family history and through friends, and family she never knew she had she learns about herself and her past. It was wonderful! A couple of spots brought a tear to my eye, but it all worked out so beautifully. Everything was resolved - and not just like loose ends were tied up in the last chapter. It was really, properly resolved. It is aimed at a young adult market, but I think adults would enjoy it too.

And tonight I think I will start The Shoe Queen by Anna Davis. It's about shoes, obviously, and I got it for my mum but it looks interesting so I might give it a go. Well, I will read that after House MD and Medium. Yes, I am a fan of Dr Gregory House and Mrs Alison DuBois. Actually, I think Wednesday night is the only night my whole family agrees about what we should watch on television. Oh, wait, I take that back. Sunday is also a day we agree - Grey's Anatomy. But only those two, the other nights there are differences of opinion, so it's a good thing we have more than one tv! Yep, I'm off to watch House MD - I wonder what he will get up to tonight...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Jem Jem Jem Jem!!! I know... it took me this long to get around to reading your blog (haha I almost typed bog then). But here I am.

And I just had an awesome idea (well, I think it's awesome) - here, I'll put it to you....

Over summer. You, me, holiday. Somewhere interstate perhaps. So it's a bit of travelling, you're not on your own and it would be good for both of us!!! Thoughts??? (feel free to say you don't like it hee hee hee)