21.2.08

such a long long time...

It has been an age since I last posted. September 2007! It's already February of '08! Madness...

Well, basically, in a nut shell, I've been working all summer at my bookshop job, I quit Baskin Robbins, I got into Deakin to study Primary Teaching, I got my Ps and bought my first car. It certainly has been an eventful few months.

My bookshop job has been awesome all summer. Heaps of hours to keep me busy, and working on Sunday which is a bonus. I just love working there. It sounds so sappy to say that but it's the truth.

I quit Baskins because I was absolutely sick of it. I had worked there (on and off, but mainly on) for about six years. And I was starting to have a few issues with one of the owners. We had started to butt heads and it was making working there crummy. Plus, I didn't want to be working there through the university semester, so I figured why not give myself some time off.

The Deakin thing is completely awesome! I was so excited when I got my early offer. I actually received the letter just before a driving lesson, so I was just a tiny bit distracted for the start of the lesson - before I realised just how dumb it was as a learner driver to allow herself to be distracted while driving through busy traffic at Christmas time... Not that I did anything stupid! Just that it occured to me that if I was distracted something could happen. Primary Teaching is a four year course, but I am so excited about it that the length is not at all daunting to me. It does freak me out, however, that if I had stayed in my Photography course I would be start my third and final year this year. For first year I have four subjects a semester (like just about every full time bachelor course), two of which I choose and two that are compulsory. The compulsory subjects are a basic science subject and a basic maths subject. The two subjects I've chosen are 'Reading Children Texts' and 'Identity'. I have a stack of novels to read for each, so it's going to be interesting! So far I've read one book for each subject, and both books were awesome, but so very very different.

I was incredibly excited when I got my Ps. Which is kind of a given seeing it gives you freedom and such. But it really was awesome! I had an excellent instructor. She was hysterical and chatted basically the whole way through our lessons which made me feel so at ease. Then I had a great test. About three weeks after getting my Ps I got a car! That was the most nerve-wracking purchase I have ever made. But it was wonderful! I got a little Barina - and old one, but it's reliable and gets me where I want to go. It was so horrible when I had to take it to the mechanic for a couple of days - I felt stranded! Now I know how my mum feels when she doesn't have her car. It never really clicked before having my own, which is a dumb thing to say really but it's the truth, because I was so used to get lifts off other people or getting the bus. But having a car makes such a difference. You can plan things better, and go where you want to go when you want to go there without making sure which form of transport you will be using. Amazingly cool!

So, as I said, that's pretty much been the past few months for me - in a nutshell!

More recently, as in today, I have cleaned my room. Which is kind of impressive - you should have seen it this morning! So dreadful. But it's clean now. I even put some new posters on my cupboard which I had been meaning to do for ages. And I cleared a shelf on my bookshelf for my uni books and folders. Not to mention that my desk now looks like a desk, not a mound of crap. The only thing I didn't do is make my bed, but seeing I will be getting into it soon enough I didn't see the point. I also went on my stationery shop for uni. I had decided to do the whole folders and looseleaf for each subject, but now that they are home and all ready to go I'm not so sure. Maybe I should have gone with the notebooks because they are simpler, and smaller and easier to write in a small lecture desk-things. Hmmm... I hate deciding. I probably should have put it off until I had at least been to one of each subject to see if there was some sort of necessity to which way to do the whole taking-notes thing... But oh well, what's done is done and I'll have to live with it. I decided to go to Officeworks when I was in a hurry so I would be in and out with only the essentials. And it worked! Except for a pencil case I bought for Jess because it was in her favourite colour and her favourite colour is really hard to find. And plus, it was only $2 do I didn't see it as being so bad. Oh, but then they got me at the checkout. I bought a really cute, really small USB drive. It's 2GB, it's red and it was only $17.95. I couldn't resist. But I suppose that's the point - that's why they put them at the checkout. Actually I got caught out with a checkout impulse purchase the other day at KMart. I had gone to just get a top for a party I was going to. And that was all I had in my hand when I got to the checkout. But then they had these cute little plush Care Bear toys and I flaked. I bought a little green one, who's tag I have lost so I have no idea what's his name is. But he's cute, so I forgave myself!

As a final thought, I think you should visit here and download some pretty wallpapers for your computer! I did!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oooh!! I hope this new blog entry thing is a sign of things to come!!

I can't wait to go stationery shopping...