23.4.08

official house-sitter...

Yes, my house sitting duties began today. I'm here. I'm unpacked. And it isn't too weird. The cat seems to know exactly what's going on and doesn't like it, but otherwise all is good. I even figured out the Mac computer (hence why I can blog). I think it's going to be lots of fun actually! The biggest problem so far is that I don't have an alarm clock. Well, I can use my phone but I like to wake up to the radio in the morning so I think I will have to go home sometime and steal my own clock radio to use here. The house is great. They have heaps of CDs and oh my god sooooooo many books. Well, what do you expect from an English teacher and a person from a bookshop? But all the books are alphabetical by surname!! It's awesome! And there's some that I've wanted to read so hopefully I'll have time to raid the shelves.

It just occurred to me this morning, which is really lame I know, that although I'm fine about being here 8 weeks it hadn't actually sunk in that that is the rest of the uni semester! It's mad!! It just put it into perspective.

And the computer had Bomba in iTunes!! Love it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh.. how I would love a house full of books.

I'm staying in a house at the moment with NO books. I can't believe it, I thought that reading was something that everybody was mad about.. obviously not.

Megan said...

Bomba in iTunes? That is basically the definition of awesome.

I'm glad you're liking it, especially after all the initial stress/nervousness.

M x