24.4.08

so, first night?

First night of housesitting was great! I had a poke around the place reminding myself of where certain things are, and how to open doors/windows, etc. I settled in by unpacking all my clothes and putting my food in the cupboards and fridge. Then I went and got KFC - haha. I couldn't bring myself to buy proper groceries for the first night. I ate junkfood in front of the TV and then watched a video. Nice and relaxed. My sister dropped around wireless broadband which was awesome!!

Then came bedtime... The bed is great - big, comfy, awesome blankets and pillows are fabulous! The cat wasn't so fabulous. Macon, the cat, decided he would wander around the house for a little while. So I heard this tinkling bell for about 30 minutes. The he decided to come visit me. I was laying there, with the light on very dim because I wasn't sure about having no light in a strange house... He jumped onto the bed, and walked around and around. I had my eyes shut. When I opened my eyes I discovered a little face peering down at me. Macon had decided to sit on me and watch my try to sleep. Once I noticed him I moved a bit and he got spooked so he ran away. I closed my eyes again. About five minutes later I opened them and somehow Macon had got back onto the bed without me noticing and was peering down at me again. I moved my hand and he pounced on it. Then I moved my foot and he pounced on it. I decided that I couldn't sleep if he was going to appear every few minutes and pounce on me when I moved so I shut my door... He was really well behaved. No meowing outside my door or anything.

But I think I am now on his good side - I feed him!! And he's realised that I am the one who feeds him so he likes me now.

Tonight has been a good night, as night number 2. I did proper shopping and cooked my dinner (chicken stirfry with noodles). Now I am listening to Triple J and Macon is asleep under the blanket on the couch - he's relaxed! Should be a good rest of my night too - Gordon Ramsay on TV, and then I get a sleep-in tomorrow morning because it is ANZAC Day so there is no uni. But tomorrow and Saturday are get-stuck-into-the-assignment-that-is-due-on-Monday-so-EEEK days. Hmm, should be nice!

No comments: