7.5.08

s'pose I could post something...

I've been sitting at my computer for the last hour and a half avoiding doing study. I should do some, but... yeah... can't be stuffed... So I've been trying to find other things to do that don't just involve sitting listening to Triple J and playing solitaire. After reading two blogs, checking eBay, and looking the the price of tickets for The Chaser's stage show, it popped into my head that I could blog something. So, yeah there's not really a point to blogging today, it's just something to do.

I haven't been very busy of late. The housesitting is going really well. Except for the fact that Macon (the cat) wakes me up sometime between 4am and 5am every morning when I leave my bedroom door open. I shut it last night, but I still woke myself up at 5.30am... Although, like every other day, I went back to bed once I'd fed Macon and let him outside. Other than that little inconvenience everything's going smashingly! I've been so social - I've had people over for dinner, and I've been to other's houses for dinner. It's been great! I do miss having the dirty dishes clean themselves (by someone else, or in the dishwasher) and the dirty clothes clean (mostly) clean themselves (by someone else in the house...). But that's just my lazy nature coming through. I have kept the house clean and tidy (mostly..) which I am proud of. I know, ridiculous thing to be proud of, but, seriously, if you'd the state my bedroom at home gets into sometimes you'd understand how much of an achievement it has been!!

Ooh, exciting thing! I found a DVD I have been looking for! I watched it in year 11 Philosophy (so 2003) and I hadn't been able to remember the title. I knew it was sort of arthouse(ey) about sleep stuff. I have been wracking my brain for ages about the title, asking people, but no one knew it. Then I bought a(nother) gorgeous t-shirt on Threadless. A, oh-my-goodness and blow-me-down-with-a-feather, the title of the movie WAS ON THE T-SHIRT!!!!! I was gobsmacked! I've now discovered it is called Waking Life and I'm currently bidding on eBay for it! Fingers crossed I win it!! But, come on, it was on a t-shirt from the USA I bought because it looked cool... what are the odds???

I've discovered a new favourite sandwhich filling. Odd topic I know, but it rocks! You have Philidelphia Cream Cheese with lettuce and chicken - yum-o!!! I've been having it nearly every day while I've been housesitting. And because it's only four ingredients (when you include the bread) it's really cheap! I know cheese sandwhiches would be cheaper, but it's nice having something more substantial - and healthy with lettuce!!

I've already sort of done my timetable for next semester. I have to do another science and another maths subject so that leaves two subjects to choose. I've decided to continue with Children's Literature and I'm doing a Communications subject about new media. I'm really happy to leave Identity (which I've dubbed 'Big and Scary Lit') behind. And my sister will be doing the Communications subject too which will be cool. The bugger is the lecture for it is one hour on a Monday at 4pm... Yuck in my opinion. And I have to be there four days a week, unlike this semester where I'd organised my timetable so I was only at uni three days a week. Oh well, it might motivate me to use my day off more wisely. Unlike this semester - for example I went clothes shopping and grocery shopping on my day off this week, and did no study whatsoever. But I had a nice day and now have nice new winter clothes and yummy food. Ooh, and I got a gorgeous scarf too - it's a burnt-orange colour, knitted, so soft and really warm!! It's awesome!!

Hmm, it's really odd listening to Super Request on Triple J - it's such a crazy mix of music! My favourite program is Roots 'n' All on Thursday night!! That's the best. Case in point, last week (I think) they played a Liz Stringer song!! Awesome!! And you can stream it after it's aired. Actually that's how I listen to it. I'm really sorry Triple J but I can't stay up and listen to Roots 'n' All from 10pm til 1am... I have uni on a Friday and I wouldn't want to get up...

Ooh, I just thought of fun study I can do that won't actually feel like study but will be doing something useful! Yay!! *heads off to make up a table for an Ecology assignment*

No comments: