7.10.05

birthday wishes for myself

Today I am eighteen - yes, 18!! I am so incredibly excited - I love birthdays! I have gots heaps of presents so far from my family, including a DVD burner, subscriptions to my favourite magazines, some lenses for my cameras, clothes, a new alarm clock with CD player, wool, a badge that says "Iraq is Arabic for Vietnam", some chocolate, three pairs of earrings, Outfoxed on DVD, a book called Jennifer Government, a belt, and a 2006 diary (which is a really pretty green!). I told you I got heaps of stuff!

This morning when Sar and I were in the car on the way to school I told her I can now buy her alcohol and she responded with: "Well, lets go to the bottle shop on the way to school!" I was highly amused and told her so, to which she said: "Just because you go to the bottle shop doesn't mean you are going to drink alcohol" - She is a funny one!

(I have just noticed that I am using exclamation marks a lot more often than I normally do - does this demonstrate my enthusiasm about birthdays?)

Hmmm, 18... I can pretty much do everything now - legally drink, legally buy alcohol, legally gamble, legally buy cigarettes.. But 18 also signals the end of high school - in eight days.. just 8... That freaks me out just a little, or maybe a lot. University next year - into the real world. How very scary. The one thing I keep reminding myself, which may seem completely stupid and obvious to everyone else but it helps to remind myself, is that there are lots and lots and lots and lots of people who have grown old and are loving it - yes, I told you it was stupid. I just tell myself that if they can do, I can! And it seems to work. Now that I write it is seems really stupid, but it's the truth - it really does help!

Tonight I don't think I will do anything much, maybe just go home and think about the fact that I could be at the pub being an "adult". But tomorrow night is my party. Just friends and family coming over to my place to have a drink and listen to music and generally have fun! Lots of celebrating shall be enjoyed that night! I think about 28 people are coming, approximately. Should be heaps of fun!

I was just picked on by my old maths teacher for "playing on the computer" - silly man! I'm eighteen, today is for celebrating and NOT doing homework!! Except that I have IPM (and my teacher's birthday is today also) and English - so I think I will actually have to do some homework in those classes, not that I particularly want to..

Ooh, Moondance (the Van Morrison version) just came on my iPod - I love this song! Actually I love this whole CD - the Moondance CD. I had Glad Tidings in my head all Wednesday and Thursday - that is also a great song by Van Morrison! Hmm...

I think I will go off surfing the web - just generally doing not much.. Sounds good!

No comments: