19.10.05

post number 70...

It's my last day of year 12 - well, classes at least. I have Media and English, then the last formal assembly. It's all coming to an end, all finishing, all being completed. But Megan sent me an email last night with a lovely little quote that I plan on remembering for the day:

Don't cry because it is ending, smile because it happened.

Yes, I must remember that as Ms Fraser, principal, goes through the history of this year level. I must remember that when many other girls are crying (from joy or sadness, who knows?!) and I must remember that when I run down the hall with my fellow year twelves as we leave the hall as an official group for the last time. Gosh, I am getting emotional just thinking about it. Today will be for emotion, taking photos and getting people to sign my 'book', and tomorrow will be for fun - Celebration (previously Muck Up) Day. Costumes are complete, and are ready to be shown off to the world. I have several photos that I want taken of the group of us in our finery, so hopefully that will happen. As we are characters from the Wizard of Oz I was thinking about a photo of us linking arms and skipping up the driveway, or just posing as out characters. I'm the witch, so I get to be evil for the day.

(At this point I would like to note that I realise I have talked about this event in all my posts for the last little while, but it is a milestone in my life that everything is focused on currently. Soon it will be over and I will blog about all sorts of other teenage trivia, but 'til then - suffer!!)

Tonight my fellow Oz-zies are coming to my house for a 'sleepover'. We are getting ready together in the morning, so we thought we would make a night of it. We are going to watch Wizard of Oz on DVD, and drink Midori - sounds like a plan! Ah - we are going to be so excited!!!

Yippee!!!

No comments: