8.11.05

it is tuesday...

And I am about to do my second exam for this end of high school exam period - finally! I haven't had an exam since the 28th of October (the English exam) and I am going slowly insane being on my own all day. However, this past weekend did give me some fun and laughs! And some (pretend) tears.

On Saturday morning I took my camera to the camera shop. I was told it would take eight weeks to repair, and that was after the quote comes back. The camera has to go to the Fuji factory in New South Wales for repairs - and I miss it already! However, John has reminded me that now I can focus more attention on film photography (which I am not very good at, more info on that comment later). And Sar got her Christmas present early and I have control over it until mine is fixed - oh, it's a camera, the present, by the way. It is a little Digital Pentax with 6mp and three times optical zoom. And it even lets you change the shutter and aperture as you want - which isn't a bad deal for $300. But it isn't my baby - my little Fuji...

Then later on Saturday I had a photographic session with Jess and Josh. They wanted some portraits together and I wanted some practice to it really worked out quite well. I used three films and took the photos down at Buckley's Falls. Now, the thing about me not being very good with film cameras happened during this shoot. My film camera is completely manual, no shutter priority, no aperture, no automatic reading of the ISO needed for the film - and this is where I stuffed up. I shot all three films on an ISO of 125, even though two of the films were meant to be shot on an ISO rating of 400. So, basically, I completely overexposed two roles of film. On the two can (hopefully) be saved during processing, but the other film is basically a colour film that shoots black and white, so it is ruined. Hopefully I find some good stuff to use for my folio in the two pure B&W, otherwise I'm stuffed. I have to have my folio together by the 21st of November - not long now.

Then another good thing happened, Saturday night I went out for the first time! Jess L and I went to see Bomba play at the Nash. We were asked for ID at all, which was kind of a shame because we were actually legal and wanted to show it off - but oh well. I bought my first alcoholic drink, and danced until 1am at a pub for the first time. Bomba were absolutely awesome!!! Really!!

Then Sunday I had to work, which wasn't too bad. It is money! And I have another four shift already lined up. I was working at Baskin Robbins which was good cause I got free ice-cream! And the next four shifts will earn me a lovely sum of money!! I definitely need it for uni! And then today I was given my first shift for the Christmas/holiday/Summer season at Griffiths for December - more money! If this continues, and I don't spend any money over summer, I might actually save a fair bit - 'twood be nice!

Now I have to go study - my second/third-last exam is happening in one hour - just enough time to polish up on the five things I don't yet have sorted in my head...

1 comment:

Megan said...

Wow things are looking up!!! YAY!!!!! Wow I can't believe you've only done what, two exams. It seems so odd since I've now done five! Oh, and I gave Sar my pendrive tonight so I hope you got it... We need to catch up... I haven't seen you for yonks and yonks... well, it seems like that anyway. I'm coming in to school next Wednesday (after your last exam! Hooray!) but what're you doing this weekend? [I know this isn't exactly appropriate for a comment on your blog but my internet's being temperamental and I can't get into my email]. So. Have lots of fun and enjoy all that money!!! (trust me, it's a agood feeling. I've had two pay days since I started... *sigh* so good, so very very good). I'm incredibly glad I've got you hooked on Bomba, obviously it's right that once you've seen them live you're hooked! Have lots and lots of fun and I'll see you when I see you....

love from me