24.11.05

a Thursday afternoon rant...

Well, it's not really a rant, but I thought it sounded light a cool title...

I got some news about my digital camera this morning. It is going to cost about half what it was to buy new, so the general consensus is that I will get a new camera - the new model. This is exciting, but I am pissed off with myself for causing this to happen. All I did was drop the damn thing - that's it. I suppose digital things are much more sensitive to the odd bump because of all the bits inside them.

Oh, did I comment about the fact that my film camera was playing up? Nope, I don't think I did. Well, it was playing up. The prints were having to be pulled out of completely useless negatives, so John and I went on a mission to figure out what the problem was. Turns out, it was overexposing the film by two stops. Not a good thing really. Now all my prints are turning out perfectly. And, the good thing about my completely-manual camera is that I can trick it! To make the "remembering to expose two stops less than what it wants" thing easier, I can just set my ISO reading two steps higher than the film I am using - perfect! And it works! I have been getting some pretty good black and white prints too, which is exciting. I have chosen about six for my folio. There will be six black and whites, six colour digitals, and one colour film (I think). The colour film probably isn't the best choice, so I might have to rethink that, and replace it with either another digital or another b&w - I'm not sure. It was so hard picking thirteen prints from about 30+. I spent about an hour slowly deciding that the prints I have excluded weren't required because they were a poorer quality duplicate-theme of something I already had, or they weren't as interesting as some of the other prints. I am sure when mum has a look at my choices tonight she will want to make some changes - so I have to make sure I am in a compromising mood. In fact, I really have to be careful because I keep getting grumpy at her - she is just so blunt. One minute we are looking at some of my pictures, then she comments (for example, and she did actually say this) that "this is a waste of space" and I feel crushed, then I get grumpy with her. Then I make a rude comment, making her pissed off, then we have problems. I did that last night, I made a really rude comment, but it is all good now - I apologised!

Yes, so I think I am a little bit stressed at the moment. I mean, I don't do that much each day, but it is because I can't. I don't have a car so I can't go out and take photos, but now I don't want anymore to choose from. Then I start fretting about Christmas because I haven't really done any Christmas shopping and it is only a month away. Then I worry about money, which leads me to worry about when I have to work and what I have to get done before work. Then, because I am working eight hours on Saturday, I start worrying that I might not be completely prepared for my entrance test, interview and information session that I have on Monday, or for my Validictory that I have on Monday night. Then I start feeling bad because I can't go anywhere and I spend my days doing not much, which gets me right back to the start... Argh...

Oh, and just before I sign off for another post, I have created a second blog for myself. It is located here and is called not so rejected. It is where all the photographs that I like, but aren't good enough for me to showcase on my website, reside. I started it today so there is only one image (which has appeared on this blog, but oh well) - but there are sure to be more! Enjoy.

1 comment:

Megan said...

hello jem jem jem.... today is Sunday and I've just got home from work and an killing time on the internet as I eat my vegie casserole (YUM!). I can't believe we graduate tomorrow! It's going to be fun (as long as you rescue me from a certain You-Know-Who)... HA! there, another lame joke from me... we're seeing Harry Potter n Thursday and will be seeing a different You Know Who. Oh my goodness, my sense of humour is dying... Anyway, back to my excited mood about tomorrow... My boss asked me to work and I was like "sorry, but it's my graduation", and the reply was "hee hee that's all right, it gives you proof that you won't be working here for the rest of your life". HA! She's a funny boots.

Wooooo! It's the val tomorrow! I'm so excited........ I can't wait to have my hair done (I've convinced Mum to not force me to do my nails) and get all dressed up... purely because I haven't had the chance to dress up for yonks and I have a dress that I've never worn before! Hooray! WOOOOOOOOOOO! It's the val tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO EXCITED!!!! (can you tell?)

see you tomorrow!

megs xoxo