17.11.05

the verdict...

So if yoy read this, you will know that I have been hoping to get into a photography course for University. I got some news about that yesterday (which I commented briefly on in the last post, but I thought I would elaborate). Two of the four courses were sending out details of interviews for the successful applicants, and I didn't get one. Well, not one this round, but I don't think I will get a chance for second round anyway. Now my complete focus is going to be Scientific Photography, and maybe the TAFE course. But the TAFE course was like an absolute back-up, so I think I will just hope that I get into Scientific Photography, or else I will (hopefully, anyway) go to the Uni nearby and do a plain Bachelor of Arts - maybe even try for an Education course for my second year and become a teacher. Lots of people I know think I will eventually become a teacher anyway - so why not bite the bullet and do it now. I will, of course, keep taking photos for fun - I was going to anyway. I love doing so...

But I am still very excited about finishing high school - just like I was yesterday. The funny thing is: now I don't have anything to do! I have to house to myself tonight, and there is absolutely nothing on TV, so I was thinking about what I could fill up my time with, and I couldn't think of anything! Well, I was contemplating tidying up my bookshelves, or going through my wardrobe (again), or doing a ruthless cleanout of all my years work and just my cupboard in general. Hmmm... it is incredibly strange not having anything to do! I have been giving lots of hours to work, though. But thinking about that, I will still have heaps of spare time! How strange! I think I will start selling stuff on eBay or something - have to fill up the time somehow... Suggestions, anyone?

Oh, and in response to that exciting comment from Megs - no news on my camera, it is still in NSW getting a quote about itself. Hopefully it will be ok. Thankful James has decided he will let me use his (new) camera for the music festival that is coming up at the end of November - all very exciting. Actually, I am incredibly jealous of James, he got the new version of my (injured) camera - and it has better megapixels than mine!! Hmmm... I think I shall enjoy borrowing it!

Oh, and I found out I am going to Port Fairy Folk Festival next year - highly exciting!! It is it's '30th Festival' and they have heaps of international and national/local performers coming which I am looking forward to. But I have to wait until Labour Day weekend next year (March) before I get to boogie on down at PFFF... Exciting!!

No comments: