4.1.06

holiday life...

Sometimes I like being on holidays - other times I don't. I love having time to do what I want, but I then end up doing the same things all the time which, in the end, becomes boring. I still have close to two months left of holidays - uni doesn't start until the 6th of March. But I do move on the 20th, so that's exciting. Actually, it had turned out that I will move out of my bedroom earlier. The story is, I promised my sister we would swap rooms when I move away (my room is bigger). But now she wants the room before high school starts for the year - and that is on the 2nd of February. So I move out of my room into her room at the end of January, then to Melbourne at the end of February. So I sort of go into limbo for a couple of weeks. It will be good though, because on weekends I will come home to my "new room", so I will have some time to get used to it, and get it the way I feel comfortable! That's a plus. And it will force me to get rid of some of my stuff - I just have to much stuff!! I don't know how I accumulated it all! I have started doing some cleaning out, but I still have a long way to go...

I have just discovered the most beautiful singer. A half Icelandic, half Italian singer/songwriter named Emiliana Torrini. Her music is mesmerising! It is haunting and beautiful and melodic and lovely! I got her CD for Christmas, after, not just hinting, but asking that someone get it for me - and I'm so glad I did. I have been listening to her all week, and she is wonderful! I'm sure that Jo would like her!

It was pointed out to me yesterday that I have neglected photography. Mum commented that she found it ammusing that since I got into my photography course for next year, I haven't really picked up a camera. I mean, I took a few family shots of Christmas day and played with my Aunty's new camera, but that is about it. I haven't added any new pictures to my website in ages, and I haven't used any film in ages. I think I just go used to not having my camera while it was being fixed, and I haven't really been anywhere inspiring. I am going to the country in a week for a mini-holiday, and I plan to take both my film and digital cameras and hopefully take a few good pictures! It is meant to be really pretty where we are going - so I may have something photographic to show for it when I get back... Here's to hoping!

1 comment:

Megan said...

SNAP! I feel exactly the same about holidays, I hate to think what I would be like if I didn't have a job!
Anyway, I'm midway through typing you an email about our splendiferous dinner party!!!! And other randomness....