4.6.05

black and white...

I got the proofs of the role of film I used last weekend. Some of them are actually good, if I do say so myself. I have to print some 6x4s at school at some point, then I will scan them in to display on the web. I will have to form a new friendship with my scanner that I have never had. I don't particularly like it much, it is old and clunky. But, as Donna has told me time and time again, it is not necessarily the equipment you have, but how you use it. So I am going to try.

Last night was so very exciting. I don't think I posted about it. After the Apollo Bay Music Festival I contacted Rob Sawyer (local performer) and gave him some images that I took of him. I kept in semi-contact and asked if I could shoot him last night while he was playing another gig, he said yes. So I rocked up last night to Torquay, nervous as hell. I stood at the back of the croud for a bit unitl I spotted Rob wandering towards the entrane. I went over and introduced myself - he actually remembered me emailing him. He said it would be great if I took some photos and said I should have a chat to another band thePeriscopes who was playing because they needed some press photos. I was too chicked last night to talk to them about (even though all of the guys in the band are younger than me) so I will have to catch up with them another time...perhaps. Anyway, Rob said it would be great for me to take pics. So, I waited until he was on (he was last, thePeriscopes were before him, so I took some photos of them too) and took some pics. He worked out where I was in the crowd and kept grinning at me taking pics - he made me blush! Oh well... I got seom great shots (I think) and I got some more practice with manual exposure and manual focus ( and I normally hate the manual focus on my camera, but I think I will have to start using it to get the focus I want). It was lots of fun. I may post just one of the best pics here... maybe...

No comments: