10.6.05

sleep is what I need...

I just got back from school camp. By "just" I mean three hours ago. It was a pretty good camp. I ended up going to four University's but only two of them interest me and the one that really interests me (RMIT) had a shitty tour and presentation. But that is ok, a friend of mine is going to take me on a tour around the campus on Open Day.

Actually, some quite funny and fun things happened at camp. I shall make a list (in no realy order):

1. Megan was on crutches so couldn't walk around. This meant she was driven, which meant the teachers wanted her to have company which meant that Meaghan and I got to keep Megan company and that meant we got driven everywhere. Some of the other students weren't all that happy, but I did promise Megan's mother than I would look after her!

2. We nearly went past my dad's house

3. Megan, Meaghan and I talked about some incredibly strange things including: hairy legs, what colour underwear we had on, and who wasn't wearing a bra who should. These happened when we were extremely tired from a long day of listening to boring people talke - or at least that is my excuse!

4. Background: part of the camp was a movie and dinner last night. Meaghan, Megan and I were meant to be seeing Hitchhiker's but because of the whole car arrangement we had to go with Ms Backwell. This meant we went to the Nova and saw a movie called We Don't Live Here Anymore. Now, this movie is rated MA, and for good reason. There is sex, swearing, nudity and lots of adult themes. How do you think Ms Backwell felt taking in a group of 17/young 18 year old girls (including one of the prudish year 12s) to a movie based on a short story called Adultery? When Ms Backwell was driving Megan, Meaghan and I home she said "Now girls, you must promise me that you will all send me food baskets because I don't think I will have a job when school goes back on Wednesday". We laughed, but it is actually quite serious. None of the parents knew that their kids were going to see an MA movie. Although, we did have some say in the movie we saw, not much, but some.

5. Before the movie, Megan, Meaghan and I bought way too much food - chocolate!

6. I slept on the floor. This was because I really hate top bunks and that was all that was left when I got to the room, and plus the floor looked nicer than the bed.

7. I had to participate in a laughter session. Some reverand guy came and made us do all these fake laughing exercises. For me, it was just a little fake...

8. After going to Melb Uni today, we had free time. After free time we had to get back to the buses. Some people got lost. Now, I know it isn't really funny, but it was semi-funny because it wasn't happening to me...

They are pretty much the funny/fun things that happened.

Not a bad camp...

Tomorrow I have several things on my list of "to dos": have lunch out with my mum, aunty, cousin, uncle and other aunty (birthday celebration); get those photos of Rob and Peris out; and do some more Media. Ooh, and this weekend is an extra long weekend: four days off! The weekend, Queen's Birthday (I think) and a pupil free day! Then on Wednesday my Media is due in and it is Nicole's birthday. Then Thursday is my mum and aunty's birthday (twins) and Friday is Hannah's. Lots of birthday fun!! And the week after is the last week of term!! Holidays - woot! I have to catch up with so many people: Jasmine, Abby, Moo, James (maybe meet his new girlfriend), Kate, Jess... The list goes on...

But will I become a social butterfly - nup!

No comments: