29.6.05

op shopping...

Holidays are going strong - and are heaps of fun! Yesterday I took my sister to see The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. It was incredibly sad in some bits. That sooky sad, when good things come out of bad things so you get teary both times and then the tears feel silly because it is a childrens movie - that sort of teary. I wanted to go to it because I read the book when it came out and thought it could be a pretty interesting movie - and my sister wanted to see it. I liked the way each friend was going through their own stuff. One hit home - Carmen. Her mum and dad are divorced and when she goes to stay with her dad for the summer she is suprised to find out that he is engaged to be married to the "perfect" blonde family - blonde mum, daughter and son, perfect house in the suburbs, perfect wedding plans. Basically it is set up as a contrast because Carmen is Puerto Rican. And...voluptuous where the 'new' family are sticks with no bums. The cinema was filled with teenage girls except for about 2 mothers and 3 guys. And nearly everyone walked out with red eyes. Throughout the movie you could here lots of sniffling. There was one girl sitting in front of us who just started crying. A nice sooky film with a happy ending!

Tomorrow is my L's test. I might get my Learner Driver Permit. I haven't finished reading the book yet. And I can't remember half of it yet, but I am working on it. Hopefully all will go well and I will get my L's tomorrow. I don't know anyone who hasn't passed there Learners test on the first try - fingers crossed!

No comments: