30.5.05

cameras and more cameras...

Now, I have posted previously about my dream Uni course and my worries about getting in without much film experience. So I decided to do something about it. I have been asking everyone I know with skill in film photography if they can help me. I now have my media teacher helping me with the school equipment (cameras, film, developing), my step-dad's dad's camera (is that my step-grandad?) which is a Canon T70 (I think) and an SLR, and my dad's Fujica SLR. I have four lenses, and some filters to play with. I am all fired up about getting used to them - and I think I like my dad's the best! It has a really nice light-metering system - easy to read!

I actually used a role of black and white film that was expired in 1988 yesterday. I had the settings wrong (the film was 400 ASA and I had the camera set to 1600 ASA) but I don't know how they will affect the result. My stepdad is getting a proof sheet done today for me, I think. I am very excited to see my first real role of film. Well, technically it is my third, I did one in year 8, and one on a medium format camera, so I should say that the role I took yesterday is my second 35mm role of film. Hopefully they aren't too bad, but without much experience with film and not knowing how the ASA will affect the pics, I'm a little worried... Oh well, we shall find out soon. I might even scan some into the computer so I have digital versions for web use... I have to get them back first, though.

In other year 12 school-girl news, I just got 50/50 on my last International Studies SAC for Unit 3. That means I got 98% for the Unit. I am most definitely happy! I didn't think I would do so well, but I tried really hard and wrote 10 pages - the longest essay I have ever written. Hm, I'm proud!

I am excited - my sister is about to start her first lot of exams. Year 11 exams! I don't know if she is nervous or not, I know I was when I first did mine, but then again Sarah doesn't seem to get nervous much. She has six exams starting this week. She's growing up!! Becoming a big girl... Ok, that sounds pathetic... Oh well... I am very proud of her! Hmph!

1 comment:

Jem said...

This one was on the China/Taiwan conflict and the use of power by all involved parties. It was actually quite fascinating!