1.5.05

chocolate and videos...

This weekend my mum went to Melbourne with some old Uni friends. My step-dad travelled to Melbourne each day with a wine-tour-owner-friend of his to taste wines. That left my sister and I alone in the house. I answer to an empty house - chocolate, diet coke, ice-cream, and videos! We walked to the video store to get "six weekly's for $10". We decided to go for comedies, though some weren't exactly the comedy we were after. I really don't get how some of the movies could be classed as comedy, the should have their own "black-comedy/drama" section. We hired Pieces of April, Sidewalks of New York, Le Divorce, Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen, High Fidelity and Reality Bites. Best: Pieces of April. Worst/most boring: Le Divorce followed by Sidewalks of New York. I love Reality Bites, and High Fidelity has some great bits. And, in tribute to High Fidelity:

Top 5 Best songs to listen to while doing homework:
1. Anything by New Buffalo
2. Angry Anymore - Ani Difranco
3. Silence - Xavier Rudd
4. Hille Le - Indian Ocean
5. Cactus that Found the Beat - Missy Higgins

Top 5 Worst Songs to listen to while doing homework:
1. Anything by Tripod (too much funny stuff to listen to)
2. Go to Work - Trojan Horns (I go to work.. ba dom ba dom ba ba dom ba dom ba bom)
3. Sweet Enough - Trojan Horns
4. Tapped and Wired - Ember Swift
5. Out West - Ash Grunwald

No comments: