27.5.05

sunday lunch...

This Sunday my dad and nanny are coming to our house for lunch. Being only 17 I have been fretting about making a decent lunch for them. I don't want to burn it, I don't want it to be raw, I don't want it to taste bad. I want it to be perfect. Sarah and I are cooking. We only decided this morning what we are actually cooking. Being driven to school we had ideas being thrown at us by mum, and we batted most of them away. We came to the decision that we will cook a roast. Roast beef. Roast vegetables: potato, onion, pumpkin, carrot. Then some peas and cauliflower. Hopefully, we will be able to make some gravy too - here's hoping!! Then we have to make dessert. I made an awesome carrot cake last week so that was the first idea. But Sarah wanted chocolate cake. So we decided to make a chocolate self-saucing pudding (my dad's absolute favourite!). But, because we always have chocolate self-saucing pudding with dad we decided to do something a little different - butterscotch self-saucing pudding.. with ice-cream and cream!! So indulgent!! Hopefully, my nan (who I see once or twice a year - she lives in a different state) will enjoy her lunch - fingers crossed!!

Next week the fun begins. Thursday is the end of Unit 3. I have Friday off. The next week I have Monday and Tuesday off, Wednesday is the GAT (General Achievement Test) and Thursday and Friday is a camp to Melbourne to check out Universities. Should be fun! I hope. After that I have the next Monday and Tuesday off. My big Media assignment is due the next day (the 15th) Then it is my mum's birthday, my aunties birthday (16th) and Hannah's birthday(17th). So some shopping needs to take place on the days off. I pretty much know what they will all be getting for their birthdays, but because they might read this, I won't write anything here. But the presents will/are awesome!! So very cool!

Yesterday I put some of my Uni worries to rest. I called the RMIT and talked to some people who seemed to know a little bit of what I wanted to know. My biggest concern was that I hadn't had much practice with film photography - I'm digital. One of the the guys made a point of telling me that Uni is a place to learn, so if you don't know something that is part of the course, you will probably learn when you get there. That made sense. And now I am not so worried. I think I will just plod along now, try and take some film photos (on an SLR camera) and see how that turns out. I also have to make sure that I keep checking out the other courses that could be good for me. I can't just stop at one, I might not get in!

Now, I must return a favour. My lovely cousin, Mae Friend, said everyone should check out my blog and my site, so I think everyone should check her blog too: One Two Tree. Enjoy it!

No comments: