31.5.05

film slump...

What is happening to the world? Film giant AGFA has filed for bankruptcy:

"AgfaPhoto, the former consumer imaging division of Belgian group Agfa-Gevaert, says it has filed for bankruptcy protection.
... with the boom in digital photography, sales of traditional photographic film and paper have slumped." ~ The Age, 30 May 2005

This meant that I couldn't get my photos developed yesterday because the shop I normally go to has decided to stop processing film!

Hmm... I have been in a strange mood lately, and moody too. I have come to the conclusion that it is because I don't do anything. I haven't had much homework lately, but I still managed to not do anything else. Sunday night and last night I spent the evening curled up in bed watching television and knitting. Sure I like doing that, but I think the lack of fun I have been having lately is playing with my brain. I have decided I have to do something this weekend, but with exams next week I'm not sure who else will be up for it. I don't want to do anything huge. Just a movie and lunch, or maybe even a groovy little picnic in a park - though the weekend is meant to be really cold and perhaps wet... I just want to do something! And with all the spare days I having coming up where I will spend most of my time on my computer working on my big Media assignment, this would be the perfect weekend to just do something!

Here's to getting out of the house!!

No comments: